Why Most People Will Never Be Good At Recording

| Mixing, Tips

This might be the most important post I’ve ever written, so listen up. If you’re here on this site, it’s probably because you want to make incredible recordings. You want your mixes to sound as professional as possible. We all do. And that’s why I have to be real with you and tell you the sad truth, that most people will never be good at this. Ever.

Close The Gap

I know I’m usually the encouraging audio guy, but you need to hear this. I truly have a heart for people like you and I care deeply about your success. That’s why it is so critical that you hear this today. If you miss what I’m about to say you might end up being like the sad majority of people with home studios and musical dreams, who never quite churn out the recordings or mixes they thought were possible.

Each and every week I work hard to deliver content that will actually help your music go from demo to pro. As do a myriad of other great audio resources out there. I want to help you close that gap from what you hear in your head to what you make in your studio. Because if you’re honest, then when you started doing this you realized just how big that gap is. I want you to close that gap.

I Wish Someone Had Told Me This

I’ve known and believed this for some time, but it wasn’t until I recently read this quote from Radio/TV producer and host Ira Glass that it all became crystal clear. Read what he has to say about being a beginner in an art form:

Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap.

For the first couple of years you make stuff, it’s just not that good. It’s trying to be good, it has potential, but it’s not. But your taste, the thing that got you into the game, is still killer. And your taste is why your work disappoints you.

A lot of people never get past this phase, they quit. Most people I know who do interesting, creative work went through years of this. We know our work doesn’t have this special thing that we want it to have.

And if you are just starting out or you are still in that phase, you gotta know it’s normal and the most important thing you can do is a lot of work. It is only by going through a volume of work that you will close the gap, and your work will be as good as your ambitions. - Ira Glass (National Public Radio)

Don’t Quit

What Glass says is profoundly real and honest. The only way to close the gap, to get as good as your tastes are (knowing what good recordings and mixes sound like), is to just make a lot of recordings and mix a lot of songs. Period. There is nothing wrong with you if you are churning out bad stuff early on. Just don’t give up like most people do. Don’t quit.

I get it. It’s hard. I get so frustrated sometimes when what I’m trying to accomplish in the studio doesn’t even come close to the masterpiece I hear in my head. But I keep pressing on. I don’t give up. Because if I stop doing audio and move on with my life, then I can guarantee I’ll never improve. And I so desperately WANT to improve. Don’t you?

So today, challenge yourself to keep going. Do something radical. Perhaps you should write and record one song a month this year. Or maybe you need some new tracks to practice mixing on each month. Whatever it is, pick some kind of challenge and commit to it.

The only way out of this crappy beginner phase is to push deeper into it and get your hands dirty. Don’t stop. Don’t be normal. Don’t quit. Keep making recordings. Watch your work improve over time.

97 Responses to “Why Most People Will Never Be Good At Recording”

1. DEREK KERLEY

Awesome article Graham. I’m striving every day to become a better producer and musician. Hopefully through experience I will eventually be able to close the gap :)

2. Gareth

Inspiring stuff and very true. Stuff that I’ve mixed 6 months ago is far behind the quality I’m recording/mixing now. Who knows what the next year will bring. It’s a constant learning process and it’s just great fun.

3. ARI

Thanks Graham..this article really got me out of a pit. Just finished working on a hip hop album for a friend and at the listening party, the stuff I produced did not sound as great as everything else from the other producers on the project..:(
    But I will not down my tools. I have come too far to quit.
    Back to my humble studio. turning my “5 loaves and 2 fish” into a movement.
    If the gear in my studio somehow resembles some of the stuff you have reviewed, you are responsible.

4. Santo

Just great! As usual, Graham! :) I decided to put some deadlines and try to release my solo album this year, I decided to really DO IT. Period. Never give up, just keep things going and improve ourselves!

5. Tony

Top stuff, mate. The ever-evolving learning curve is always a struggle. Anyone who is honest is probably still near the bottom on that curve. Practice, patience and being a sponge is the best thing we can do. Depending on the material, we need to adapt and learn what is right for the song. Michael Brauer is my idol. from Mylo Xyloto to Born and raised. Talk about having the right ears for the right music. Top stuff, Graham. we could all use the reality check from time to time and if we are going to succeed, it will spur us on, rather than deflate us. :) Just my 2 cents

6. Brian

I’m also a huge fan of Ira Glass and his program “This American Life”.
    You’re right, this is probably one of the most important posts.
    I was watching the Golden Globe awards last night, and one of the actresses who won an award (can’t remember her name, I think she was in Zero Dark Thirty) said something to the effect of “after years of sitting on the sidelines, auditioning for everything, feeling ignored…”
    She clawed her way from the bottom, working very hard at what she did. I’m sure that there were times during her career that she thought of quitting, but she kept working at it.
    20 years ago, I was bound and determined to become a rock star. Moved to Los Angeles, auditioned for band after band, was in a few crappy ones. Then I did the unthinkable. After three years of trying, scraping, clawing, I quit… I gave up. I moved back home.
    That won’t happen again. I’m weeks from releasing my 1st EP, with big plans for more, and the songs may sound less than perfect, but I don’t care, I’m gonna push on.

• David

Brian,
      That is exactly what I did without going to L.A. nevertheless. Gave up on depending on a group to get me where I wanted to go. Playing clubs was fun for a while and I packed it up and dropped it. I have an entire cd of songs sitting that I have written, but in the meantime I’ve let it sit. Release the cd, I would like to hear it. Generally no ones first album is their best and I mean rock-stars as well. Keep pushing ! hmm reminds me of an old REO song
      Cheers

7. Sully Skillz

I would also recommend that everyone learns different genres it keeps making music fresh and you learn a lot and also make you a better producer in my eyes

8. Jesse

Great article- so glad you posted this. I’ve been recording at home since the early 90′s (!) and I’m JUST now beginning to feel like what I’m doing is good enough for “my taste.” In my case, there wasn’t enough time, money or the right space to capture the sounds I wanted until recently- and now it seems like everything I do is getting better and better. But you are 100% right- don’t quit, unless you don’t love it. If you love the process, the music and feel like your songs are good enough to put on tape in the first place- then they are, keep moving forward. Thanks for the inspiring words.

9. Dan Updegraff

Thanks Graham, I needed to hear this today. I “blew my top” yesterday after a third attempt at mixing one of Mike Senior’s sample projects. I have spent over a month all together trying to get the electric guitars as good as he did, but they just sound like mush. EQ – not helping, compression – not helping, re-amping – not helping. Every knob I tweak just makes another bad sounding guitar. So I banged my fist on the table, walked away, and started doubting my future at mixing.

It’s nice to read that I’m not alone in this aspect. I will park that project for another day and move on to something else.

I know how you feel. Wise move to park things and come back later with fresh ears and a fresh mind.

10. Dustin Woo

Definitely one of the truest things out there. Still trying to close that gap, not sure if I ever will, but I’m working. Can’t really do or force myself much more than that. I read a quote the other day that struck a chord with me the other day: Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. – Scott Adams

11. Rawb Cowart

Yeah, this is a biggie. I am currently, tracking, editing, mixing and “mastering” a full album for a blues guy known nationally. Its my first big time project after years of “trying” to get it right on small local bands. He likes what he hears so far but its far from done. The stakes are high. His last CD was mixed by THE Ed Cherney and its a killer CD. I helped him put out a Christmas CD with a few tunes last fall. I mixed and “mastered” it (for free) and he asked me to do his next CD for him. I was floored and scared and elated at the same time. Its going well but I am still just amazed to be doing this with the killer tunes he has created. I recorded folks in college in the late 70′s then picked up an 001 in 2001. Several upgrades later, here I am, almost “there” (where is “there” exactly?) doing a real-deal project. Its scary when I really think about it — BUT I DIDN’T GAVE UP BEFORE SO I WON’T QUIT NOW. Never , never, never give up. Just sleep on it and remix the damn thing… (Artist’s name withheld intentionally. When the CD is out, I’ll let ya know!)

12. Emil

If you haven’t watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi yet, then I recommend that you watch it right away.

13. Andrew

Graham this is a really important article!!

The fairly large gap between what I could hear in my head and what was coming out of the DAW inspired me to invest in lots of software to lessen that gap, but I have to admit that my stubbornness in wanting there to be no gap greatly limited me in terms of how much music I produced.

It’s interesting because luckily, I never considered quitting because of that gap, though I did waste lots of time when I could have written lots of music. I recommend your blog to any musician friend of mine because of articles like this, thanks for providing this value!

14. Russell

Graham, I have to agree. The gap shows us the distance between what we are and what we want to be. It reminds me of our walk with Jesus. He already told us what we are in His eyes and what we can become, and still we can see our own faults to a grotesque detail. I have been working at becoming what I want to be for the past 2 years now, and I thankfully, and with much gratitude have to say that your posts and tutorials have empowered my focus. Maybe I don’t even grasp the full understanding of what you may teach in a given setting at the time, but later the simplicity of it kicks in and it becomes truth. I think the most important thing that you have relayed to all of us is, the fact that you don’t need to own a lot of expensive gear to get good results. Thank you. This advice has kept me from becoming frustrated with my past inexperience, and has kept me from using the lack of gear for a scapegoat when all I really needed was time to learn and develop a skillful ear and method. As for money, basically I am in a very meager circumstance. If I had not had the opportunity to hear your words of wisdom, I would have never been able to “afford” my excuses.

Russell

Russell, encouraged to hear that I’m helping you bro. You’ve got the proper perspective. You’re getting it. Don’t stop!

15. Steve

You can’t just buy a Gibson Les Paul and a Marshall stack and expect to play like Slash. The only way you can is to practice. Period. It’s the same with mixing.

16. Martin Ek

I use to re-record and re-mix 1-2 old songs every year to get a hint of any development. And yes, there is. Every spend hour at listening to other musicans, mixers och producers, articles, tutorials and hours facing your short-comings pay off … in the end. Still an amatuer from Sweden, but a better one than last year.

“But better than last year…” Spot on Martin. That’s all that matters. Get better every year.

17. Larry Green

The corollary to that statement is: “The only sure way to fail is to quit.” As long as the fire is still burning there is always a chance.

18. Chris

Hi Graham, I never leave reviews but I felt like I have learned so much from all your videos and blogs that I need to say thanks and how much it has helped.
    I had just bought pro tools 9 and learned how to use it this past year watching your videos. And now recently I’m looking to learn more on mastering my songs to take my songs to the next level as my new year resolution!
    So I’ve purchased all of your jumpstart videos and saw on your website that all of the jumpstart videos r included in one package now. Is it possible for me to purchase just the mastering one since I have the others?
    And then lastly will your jumpstart mastering help me learn to master my songs so their itunes ready?
    I have tons to learn more on mixing and mastering but I have been really encouraged and inspired by your videos and blogs to write and record the songs God has been giving me to write & record with confidence.
    Chris

Hi Chris. Thanks for the kind words. And thanks also for being a customer. So glad my videos have helped. The JumpStart series is now only available as a complete series, not individually. Did you pick up just a couple of them before?

19. Dan Reed

WOW! Thanks you for posting this! I am at this point right now. I hear what I want my mixes to sound like in my head, and I get frustrated when I don’t hear it in my mixes. Part of me wanted to just throw my hands up and quit, but the other part of me just wanted to keep pushing on knowing that at some point after practicing and more practicing I would have to improve at some point. This article just reinforces that for me. Thank you Graham!!

20. Anders

Oh how true. My greatest inspiration right now is my 9 mo daughter who tries to stand up probably 100 times a day without being able to. But she’s getting there! :-)

So true! My 11 month old is doing the same. Amazing to see people who haven’t “learned” how to give up yet :-)

21. Mark

Graham,

Just a thought I had and might be good for all of us here… Would you ever consider taking one of our projects and mixing it up for us and doing a video of things we did wrong, could focus on, things to look out for, your advice, mixing techniques applied from past videos, etc…? I have an album that I released towards the end of 2011 and I have never really been happy with the final results. Most of it was due to the rush that I was leaving the USA to move to the UK and needed to get the project done so it was rushed. I am happy with the results that I got in such a short amount of time but I would like to revisit the album and mix it up as best as I can… If your willing to use my idea I would be more than willing for you to disect and criticize my mix…

Let me know if you would be willing and I will get it preped and uploaded to my FTP and will send you a link. I am sure other readers here would be interested as well and I think it can help us learn a lot from someone with your knowledge. It is a hip-hop / dance album so I know its a bit out of your genre, but if you’d be willing to participate that would be awesome. Let me know, ok? You can even pick the song yourself if you want from this project: http://darksideproductionz.bandcamp.com/album/better-late-than-never

I’ve done this in the past (when I had more free time!) but I have some things coming that might help.

22. Carl Hinkel

Hey Graham,
    I’ve commented to you before to say how great of a resource I think your site is; You really have helped me grow in several ways.
    Just as an encouragement to others here – I have been doing this in one form or another for almost 10 years now, and it’s only within the past year or so I finally feel like I’m starting to close the gap. So hold your heads high and keep pressing forward. Mix anything you can get your hands on and record constantly. It’s the only way to close the gap.
    I also wanted to provide another resource for anyone who is interested. If you can’t or don’t want to spend the few $$ a month for dueling mixes then you can still get some practice material here – http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm
    I have also taken this resource and started a Facebook Group called “Mastering” Your Mix – https://www.facebook.com/groups/402891029788980/
    I choose 1 song each week and the members mix and submit to the group for peer review/tips/tricks/comments.
    Thanks again Graham for all the wonderful advice and education!
    Carl

23. Sue Rarick

Great article Graham. I think the two most important parts of reaching that goal of hearing recorded what you hear in your head is to get a good initial recording and to have a solid idea of what exactly that sound you hear in your head is. In my case it’s to have a song sound like it was a live recording on the bands best ever live show.

I’ve heard master musicians like Roy Buchanan on some of their best nights and it was so much better than anything they ever recorded. So while it may sound like an easy task it’s so far eluded me, but I keep on trying.

24. Jerome

Wow , Graham I REALLY needed to read this article today. After spending an hour trying to eliminate the “Boink” frequency on a snare hit, I felt VERY inadequate and even questioned if I had what it takes. Apparently I’m normal after all. Now if I could just convince my wife I’m normal. Thanks for what you do Graham it’s greatly appreciated.

25. Bill

Awesome encouragement Graham, thanks!
    As with all things “music” (writing, playing, recording, mixing, ect… I know I’ll always be the student and never the master and I’m O.K. with that. I’m not seeking perfection, only progress. All to often (just like in life) the tests come first, the lessons come after. Your tutorials have really helped me change that around in my home studio and be able to approach mixing confidently and enthusiastically. Before, for me, mixing was a chore, the “unfun” part of writing/recording. Now, I see it not as a frustrating labor, but as a fun series of “what if’s”. I’m no longer daunted by the endless possiblities, and I have you to thank for that.

26. mohamed

Thank you for the article, i’m still in that phase and reading this does provide comfort!

27. Nenad

Don’t know if this has been said already because I didn’t reed all the comments: the article is on spot, but it’s not only with recording and mixing what we are talking about here. It’s with everything you do in your life you are commited to do. Depends on how far you wanna go. What is your goal? If you wanna be really good in something, you have to break the boundaries! My personal rule and what took me nearly 50 years: don’t just talk about it, do it and give everything you can!

• Graham Cochrane

You’re right. This applies to so many aspects of life. We just don’t like the feeling of not being good at something. So we give up. Which means we actually never have a shot at getting good…because we quit!

28. Andre

Thank you. I’ve been frustrated with my progress all week and I really needed the pep talk! I will challenge myself to keep at it and double the effort.

29. David

I have always know this as well. Practice at anything is the only means of improvement, albeit, it can be discouraging sometimes. My theory is don’t force it, walk away for a bit, but always come back

30. Keith Hawkins

nice article, so true …this is what i went thru ..10+ years to perfect my sound and ears… its hard to listen to music i did in past

31. Dan

WoW! This Article hit me like a The first time i heard Back in Black or Stairway to heaven ! very profound in terms of Failure being an integral part of Ones success..Although having a grasp of the technical is essential to this complex craft,i firmly believe your greatest asset is Your Ear and its vital to infuse your ‘Soul in your music and listen to records that inspire you more than relying on what Plugins Audio pro’s are using..and Willingness to improve is a Must !!
    Thank you for your Undying passion and empathy for us Aspiring Muso’s and producers out there in what sometimes feels like musical oblivion .It is Definitley Given me a kick in the chops..The revolution is Now!! :)

32. Beltana Spellsinger

Yes, wonderful…. But where to even start?? I had gotten used to someone else doing all of the recording for me, mixing and mastering, and now I am starting over, on my own. I have Cubase, buy I don’t even know where to begin. It all seems so incredibly intimidating.

• Keith Hawkins

you can learn great tip from here (this website).. watch Graham YouTube clips… either from beginners to the advance.. when i start checking this out, it made me regroup and retrain my ear plus how i looked at my mixes.. once u master the art of mixing, understanding mastering can be done by you.

• Brian

Absolutely, Beltana.
      Let me let you in on a little secret. At some point, every name you see in these comments list started out with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever. Set aside the concept that you’ll be recording for a few moments, and think about other things in your life you have done where you’ve started out with no experience.
      And you do have some experience. You may not have ran the board to make the physical recording, you might not have mixed, but I’m gathering from your earlier comment that you’ve been on the other end, playing the instrument that gets recorded. So that’s one part of the recording process, playing. Then think through the next step… to record it, you need to place a mic, interface it into CuBase, and record. Once you get the hang of that, start adding additional tracks… same principle, place mic, interface it into Cubase, and record. Rinse and repeat.
      You’ll need to do this a lot. Nothing comes easy, and we all had to start with baby steps. You’ll make some less than perfect recordings as you start out, and you’ll learn from your mistakes, and improve from recording to recording. That takes time and practice.
      The reason I know you can do it is that so many others did before you.
      Remember this: Failure is not ‘failing to achieve a goal the 1st time’. Failure is ‘failure to keep trying to achieve the goal’. I’ve got confidence, you’ll do fine. :)

• Beltana Spellsinger

Thank you, Brian!!! This is invaluable advice. ;-) And you are right. My sister keeps telling me to remember a quote from that movie, “The Edge.” “What one man can do, another can do.”

• David

For many years I recorded on reel to reel until I bought Studio One Pro. It’s intimidating to everyone the first time they look at this. I have had my DAW since early 2010 (not long by recording standards)and now learn as needed. My best advice is to get the music recorded first and then focus on mixing and eventually mastering. There are many things I don’t know about my DAW and watching you tube videos has contributed to any success I have had. You don’t need to be cubase specific necessarily. Most DAWs function similarly. There will be frustrations we all get them.
      Best Wishes

33. Keith Hawkins

Its a craft and a skill you are going to have to learn… And it going to take you Hours of Hours to train those ears… but for starters.. make sure u have studio quality headphones(flat frequency response)very important.. Because you will become the sound shifter..but do invest in great heaphones

34. Ewout

Hi Graham, thanks for the great post, so very true!
    I’m mixing night after night, and although I still have a long way to go, the difference between my mixes now and last year is enorm. Practice, practice, practice! Oh, and read! You mentioned the books by Mike sr and Mixerman before, these are awesome resources.

Keep it up :o)

Ewout

35. Paul E Rhythm

Great article, Graham!
    As an engineering in the 90′s to present day, I’ve done a ton of studio and live recordings using ADAT, DA-88, MX2424, Makie 2496, ProTools Rig, Yamaha O2R, Presonus Studio One through out the years but, have never mixed down!
    Now, that I’ve retired I am trying my hands at recording and mixing, which is a daunting task so I’ll start by recording myself and take it from there. I’ll definitely print this article and frame it on my home studio wall to remind myself to never give up!

36. Joey J

Thanks Graham, I was just watching this interview with Ira Glass on Youtube the other night again, its great. “Ira Glass on storytelling ” its called, great advice from Ira, and thanks for taking the time to send it out Graham. Awesome.

37. Moshae Beats

I’m an audio engineer with 13 years experience and have an AS/AS in music technology-Digital Audio Engineering. Never giving up is key. I’m still learning to this day & always see progression as time goes by. Thanks for sharing the article.

38. Paul Swindells

Hey guys, if any of you have a DropBox account I can give you some of my bands sessions for you to practice mixing with, each one has its own challenges and I have personally learned allot by working with them, if you want them please send me an email to paul01772@aol.com with the email your signed up to DropBox with and ill send you a request. I have stems from 2 bands rock/ metal bands / albums. hope this is useful.

39. Graham Cochrane

Just wanted to say that the response to this post is overwhelming and encouraging to me. My goal for The Recording Revolution is to always help equip, train, and motivate people for studio success. It sounds like you all have been given a boost with this post. Please pass it on if it will help someone else you know, and keep making great music!

• Brian

Hehe, I have been passing it on. All the technical tips and advice here are GREAT, don’t get me wrong, but the truth of the matter is that this may very well actually be the most important post this year. It’s very easy to take your eyes off the prize, and very easy to get discouraged in this line of work. Thank you for all your great work here. Your dedication to the craft has helped many (myself included!) and will help many more to come.

40. Dizzydazzy

Your uploads are refreshing to read Graham,been greatly edified by dem posts.Just realized dat d temptation to always tweak knobs has hindered my progress in sound reinforcement,i’m currently working on dat & my calmness in front of d mixer, THANKS A GR8 DEAL mehn!!!

41. Jay M

Ah, the old “1% inspiration and 99% perspiration” adage. It never ceases to be true.

42. Max Velazquez

“But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.” 2 Chronicles 15:7

43. Ron H.

just wanted to comment on the Jumpstart series, but ran into this…

We as musicians, songwriters, engineers, etc. tend to want to top ourselves, and sometimes thinking that our best IS not enough. I have faced this, and got back into making music after a 7 year departure. Everyone loved my creative ideas in music, but I (me, me, me #MatrixAgentSmith) felt “it ain’t sounding like a record to me, though”. So there I was with an “idea”

I ran upon your site because of one word… “Revolution”. The “gap” I was faced with is the ability to record and mix what I was feeling and make it sound like a record. My ultimate goal has always been to be able to make great sounding tracks and between you and Joe, it’s coming together!

The Jumpstart series has helped tremendously in only a few days of going through them. I went back to some tracks I DL’d from the “Mixing Secrets” site (also tested external USB 3.0 drive on 30+ tracks) to practice with. Instant difference my approach and outcome. I’m not there over night, but I am seeing and most importantly…HEARING!

God Bless you!

44. Brian

I myself am so new at this
    and I donot want to give-up Lord Willing

Graham I just order the Eleven Rack with Protools from Sweeteater

and I need help

where can I ask questions
    or do you have a email adress

• Max Velazquez

Hey Brian, Graham has alot of great tutorial videos, on this site, and on youtube. I purchased ALL of his videos (Jump start series and ReThink Series) and have learned A GREAT DEAL from him. If you are new, you’ll need to learn more than just pro tools but also the art of recording and mixing. It’s not going to happen over night, it will take some time, but everyone has to start somewhere right? Graham’s buddy, Joe Gilder, runs the Home Studio corner website where there is a forum. you can dive right in and ask anyone of us questions pretty much about anything on recording, mixing and Pro Tools. Needles to say, there are a gazillion sites where you can reach out to others and get helpful tips, but Graham and Joe have become my “Go to” guys because they are great at what they do and anointed. Just to give you a tip, when I started, I purchased a training video from another site that took me through Pro Tools from the beginning. I learned how to use the software, but with Graham and Joe, I learned how to use the software as a tool and they taught me (and still are teaching me) how to record and Mix. Graham’s video on Pro tools is worth more than the price. Between both videos, I pretty much got most things covered. Graham and Joe are very busy guys between what they do on their sites, their podcasts and personal lives so I respect their time by not emailing them with questions that I can get answered from the forum, but then again, after watching almost all their videos, I hardly have any questions anymore, I just record and mix and put into practice what I learned from them. My advice to you is 1. Get some videos, 2. watch the tutorials (30 days to a better mix for example), 3. Join the forum and 4. Get videos and/or books on Recording basics if you don’t have any knowledge whatsoever on Audio like for example the difference between a omni-directional and large condenser microphone. It’s a great journey, just be patient and learn all you can dude. Be real with yourself and know that it will take sometime before you have enough knowledge and practice to start hearing great results on your mixes. Some people are faster than others. I started hearing an improvement in my mixes after 3 months. I’m not a guitarist nor do I have the Eleven Rack (just the plug in)but I do have a pretty good working knowledge of Pro Tools so I’ll be more than happy to help you get up off the ground. Just email me at max.velazquez@verizon.net

Hi Brian, you can email me through the contact form on the About page above.

45. Damion

That’s the ticket, to never give up. To practice your craft, learn as much as possible and don’t be scared to make mistakes. In this wonderful world of digital recording and DAW use, you can always pull up your project and do it again! 100 times even!-

46. Rafael Queiroz

I found this blog on twitter and i’m in love with.
    After read this article here I feel something good inside of my heart and more strong to still belive in that dream/goal. I have some issues because i don’t speak english very well but I still watching the videos and started to listen the SimplyRecord Podcast.
    I don’t know his secrets but the way how Graham speaks and writes sounds like a brother or a best friend.

I’m grateful for all.

PS: and excuse my crazy english phrases..

1.  The Fastest Way To Improve Your Engineering, Songwriting, And Performing » The Recording Revolution
  2.  Recording, Hustle, And Abraham Lincoln » The Recording Revolution
  3.  Why Creatives Fail
  4.  There’s No Such Thing As Golden Ears » The Recording Revolution
  5.  There’s No Such Thing As Golden EarsHome Recording Resources Blog | Home Recording Resources Blog